Having a beautiful weekend brunch featuring delicious quiche is truly a blessing as it is perfect for any brunch buffet. Because of the rich custard center, a small portion is very satisfying and it also slices easily. It is great to have a base recipe that can be changed up easily with what you have on hand in these challenging times. Given below is a recipe of making quiche easily at home with the on-hand ingredients, as per alextimes.com
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of ice-cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup ice-cold water
- Salt to taste
- 6 large eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Toppings of choice
- Make the crust: Pulse flour and salt in a food processor, about four pulses. Add butter and pulse until flour feels almost like sand. Start the processor and slowly add water until the mixture comes together. Dough will feel like clay. Knead dough two or three times on a lightly floured surface. Form a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes before using. Press crust into a pie dish and bake.
- Combine base ingredients.
- Fill crust with base. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.